Thursday, February 7, 2008

happy to be sad

Many songs I have listened to that bring a dance to my feet or a smile to my face have turned out to lead me astray. Either the lyrics or the meaning behind the song have turn my happy song into upside down face. Take for instance Del Shannons - Runaway from listening and watching the older Shannon video you'd think this song is made for dancing or? not. Its lyrics are depressing and he is depressed but people continue to dance.....

Shows even a song I have heard a hundred times could still bring sadness when I thought originally brought joy.

hint hint - lullaby's - most are about death and just bad stuff i cant believe kids sing them and parents sing them to their babies.......

Rock-a-bye baby, in the tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all

wow.

No comments: