Thursday, April 17, 2008

That Tingle

Some time ago I realized the power of healing. Over the weekend I was reminded of the Spiritual Gifts and more importantly the spiritual gift of Healing. When I was in high school a few days before a tournament basketball game my freshman year I came down with terrible pain in my foot. I could walk on my foot but as I would prepare to jump and stretch my foot out the pain would be overwhelming. I remember going into the emergency room with my mother on the Saturday before our game on Tuesday. As the Doctor inspected the X-Rays he noticed a small fracture in my foot but himself not being our family doctor and he couldn't say if this was 100% certain he had the images sent to another doctor to be inspected.

Sunday came along and I felt the urge to walk to the front of the church and ask for healing. I remember I normally would ask Ben or Franky to walk with me. Having the close relationship we did in high school it was just unspoken when one of us hurt the other was there for support no questions asked. As I knelt on the alter many other people came to pray for me. Our youth group at the time was expanding and growing and when youth girl or boy prayed at the alter all the youth seemed to fill the isles and fill the alter with prayers for the specific person.

This time I felt something. My foot began to feel heated. My foot began to tingle. Like as your leg or arm would fall asleep my foot began to do the same. As you may know for instance when your foot would fall asleep it would be in pain if you used it, if you stood on your foot and tried to walk. This was different. This was healing. I remember thinking "Oh my God" At the time not knowing what was happening I thought for certain it was asleep. But as the prayers stopped and as people walked away I stood and walked. The healing was not immediate. But by my game on Tuesday I played the game and we won. I remember being confronted by an assistant coach after the game and the gentleman asking if my foot had any pain. I said replied "no."

Ive been praying for God to direct me in my spiritual gift. I believe 100% someone that prayed for me that day had the power of healing. I continue to keep this in mind as I seek God's direction, someday Ill be talking to someone and my words that I speak may change their lives. I want that. I know God has put things in my life to direct me. But God has also taken away things in my life to direct me the same. As I continue to follow him, everyday brings joy to my heart knowing my life is in Gods hands. With loss I learn and with receiving I can praise. X-Rays were negative by the way.

Praise God.

No comments: